The Holiday Season amplifies our emotions as the global vibration of the planet begins to shift into a Loving Energy during this time of the year. If your emotions are in check and you are well balanced with feelings of joy, love, peace, and harmony you will find these emotions will be intensified due to the global vibration of LOVE being raised at this time of year. Unfortunately, this same intensity also magnifies our negative emotions as well. Thus, if you already felt alone, lonely, abandoned, unloved, depressed and sad the heightened vibrational energy of the Holiday Season will also magnify these negative and unresolved feelings.
While the Holiday Season is supposed to be the most joyous time of all, many people suffer greatly during this time from depression, sadness and being alone or not having the finances necessary to meet with the pressures of holiday giving. This makes this time of year high season for not only retail establishments but also for the funeral industry as many die from either natural causes or suicide due to grief, sadness, loneliness and depression.
The Holidays are a time of year that has been extremely commercialized, crushing the true joy of the season in order to force a certain belief system upon a global mass of people in order to push a capitalistic society. Because we are a shame based culture, you can get trapped into certain belief systems based on the world’s idea of what you should have or be doing during this time of the year.
The media is driving the images of the perfect holiday, from programming you with certain gifts you should buy loved ones to how your tree should be trimmed and your meals prepared. These beautiful commercialized images create wonderful fantasy in our imaginations, however very few ever have a tree that looks like the ones in the the department store. We are driven by the fantasy to attain this image of Christmas and the true Spirit of the Season has been lost in a sea of disappointment and depression when these images cannot be attained.
If you are already sad and depressed and have feelings of being alone and broke or struggling before the holidays, these feelings can crush you when the Holiday Season sets in. Spirit does not expect any of the things that the commercial world has impacted the holiday season with. Spirit does not expect you to give to others on this one particular day. Spirit does not expect you to do anything more than you are already doing every other day of the year. This is tradition, but that in itself does not make the way you celebrate the holidays spiritual.
Being S.A.D. stands for Standing Alone Depressed. You do not have to chose this as your state of being at ANY time in your experience, thus you don’t have to chose it to be your experience during the holidays either. If you were alone before the holidays set in and feeling lonely, there are existing issues that you must work through to overcome regarding relationships, starting with your relationship to self.
If you are financially strapped before the holidays, you can’t allow the shame of our society to make you crazy and depressed or drive you to be in more debt or other financial ruin attempting to satisfy those that are still caught up in the mass commercialization of the holiday season. You do not have to chose to feel shame and guilt during the holidays.
There are so many individual issues to recover from in order to heal from being S.A.D. (Standing Alone Depressed) during the holidays. The depression you feel from being alone and broke is not a new issue that simply popped up during this time of the year. These are issues that you have been experiencing for awhile that piggy back on the global consciousness of LOVE during this time of year to demand your attention for resolution and healing.
The following key thoughts can be used to begin your healing process this holiday if you are S.A.D. (Standing Alone Depressed)
1. Realize that the Spirit of Christmas is not about the commercial process. It is about your relationship with Spirit within and nothing more. Christmas is not about what you buy and what you give others as much as it is about how you give first to yourself through the Spiritual Embrace.
2. Understand that through the global celebration of Christmas the vibration of LOVE on the planet as a whole is being magnified. Every single person can feel this energy and it is what triggers the intensified feelings of either being loved or alone.
3. Know that you were born into the world with a Loving Presence within you. You can never ever be alone. Deal with your feelings of being lonely. If you are without family, friends or relationship during this time of the year you can use the intensified LOVE vibration by giving yourself the gift of LOVE by practicing loving yourself first. As you begin to love you more and begin to concentrate on your own healing you begin to attract more love into your experience. The gift of LOVE is a gift that you give to yourself. It is the greatest gift you can ever give this holiday season, because through it Love is magnified through you and attracted to you.
4. Your finances have no bearing on Christmas. This is the commercial aspect of our society driven by shame. If you don’t have the money before the holidays, you more than likely will not have it during the holiday. Going into a slump. Going into debt. Going out of your mind worrying about how to buy things for your children so you don’t disappoint them is not Spiritual. The season is about LOVE, not about things. Things fade away. You do not have to conform to the constructs of society. You can choose to celebrate on a different level and begin to educate your children and your family about the true gifts of Christmas. You can begin to stand boldly in your own truth to not be commercialized and see the holidays as the wave of LOVE that it is.
5. Remember, all of the commotion and hustle and bustle leads up to only one day out of 365 days of the year. We celebrate LOVE on one day, but the world is stressed out attempting to fit into a certain pattern in order to do it. Christmas should be only a reminder that we are to celebrate love all year, not a rush to fit the whole year into one day. The demands of having certain relationships, buying certain gifts, or affording to go certain places are not what this holiday is all about. You have chosen to be S.A.D. based on cultural scripting that dictates you do and be a certain way during the holiday season. The true gift is in knowing that you have the POWER to change the script.
What you are feeling during the holidays is the POWER within you being magnified, which is LOVE. You must go within and sit with this POWER to know the true peace and joy of the season. It is the Birth of the Savior that is exploding within you. If you are weighted down with shame and guilt or feelings of abandonment and loneliness you will not be able to fully engage your own POWER.
Use the global wave of LOVE that is expressed this year to fully fill you with its vibration and discover the POWER of LOVE that reins supreme that lives within you. Break with the traditional commercial aspects of the holidays and find within you the opportunity to explore something new that is being born now.
The Holiday Season grants you the greatest opportunity to demonstrate self-mastery to raise your own love vibration and demonstrate your independence from a commercialized system that corrupts both your emotional and economical well-being. Remember, it is only one day of the year. You have 365 days you are blessed to exercise the same love vibration.
Let go of being S.A.D. (Standing Alone Depressed) this year. You are never alone and your depression is not a choice you have to make. You are the very GREATNESS OF SPIRIT living right here and now. The celebration of the Holidays is truly more about your ONEness with the Great POWER within you. As you begin to meditate on this truth you will find yourself at peace with your situation as it is and not allow the holidays to shake you into a process of shame, and guilt and feelings of loneliness. You will find you are no longer S.A.D. (Standing Alone Depressed) because you have elected to STAND IN YOUR POWER and you FEEL THE LOVE of GOD BEING BORN ANEW WITHIN YOU.
Suggested Reading Below: